Tuesday 15th October
Wednesday 13th November
Half term 21st – 25th October
Christmas break 19th December – 6th January
Half term 17th – 21st February
Easter spring break 6th – 17th April
Half term 25th – 29th May
KGV awards evening 24th June
End of year 25th June
Focus Taster Programme
This year we are launching our new Focus Taster Programme where students from years 9, 10 and 11 can take part in subject specific sessions and activities. We think this is a perfect opportunity to visit the college and help you decide which A levels will be best for you. You can book on to as many sessions as you like but make sure you book early to secure you’re place, they fill up quickly!
Here's a quick overview of the subject sessions and the dates you can attend:
- Spanish – Thursday 10th October 4-5pm: this session will be especially useful for those who have little experience with the language. Our native tutor, Fernando, will give you a quick flavour for the language, the country and its culture.
- English Language – Wednesday 30th October 9.30-11.30am: take part in a 2 hour creative writing workshop and learn all about writing style and how to build upon your own writing.
- Film & Media Studies – Tuesday 5th November 9.30-2.30pm: learn how to create and edit your very own film!
- Business – Tuesday 19th November 9.30 – 11.30am: our very own version of The Apprentice! Design and create a new pair of shoes with a simple pair of white pumps and pitch your new product to a panel of professionals.
- Science and Health & Social Care – Thursday 28th November 10am-12pm or 1pm-3pm: see if the medical field is really for you! Learn all about health assessments, surgery and taking blood!
- The KGV Challenge – Monday 16th December : this is a KGV style University Challenge. Battle it out against other schools to become the KGV Challenge champion!
- Biology – Wednesday 12th February 1.30-3pm: take part in a live dissection!
- Spanish – Tuesday 26th March 9.30-12pm: this session is perfect for students studying GCSE Spanish. You will get a brief introduction to Spanish film and the skills it takes to analyse Spanish filmmakers.
- Maths Exam Workshop – Monday 30th March & Tuesday 28th April 4-5pm: this class is ideal for those taking their maths GCSE in the summer. This revision session will help to refresh your mathematical memory.
- English Exam Workshop – Wednesday 22nd April & Tuesday 5th May 4-5pm: this session focus’ in refreshing your memory of GCSE English Language. Revise and learn some new skills for your exam.
- Spanish Exam Workshop – Thursday 30th April 4-5pm: revise for your GCSE with our native tutor and see if he could shed some new light on the exam.
These sessions are a fantastic way to get a flavour for a subject and help you decide what you would like to study at A level.
Contact Kym Carroll on01704392741 or on firstname.lastname@example.org.