Whether you want to compete against other students on a national level in your chosen Sport or just stay active and make new friends, we have a Sports Enrichment to suit you! From Yoga to Football, Ultimate Frisbee to Badminton; there is something for everyone.
COMPETITIONS AND LEAGUE FIXTURES
KGV organise a range of sporting teams which represent the College in a number of competitions and league fixtures.
In 2015, our students celebrated sporting success at the Association of Colleges (AoC) National Finals in Bath, bringing home 6 medals in sports including Badminton, Tennis and Cross Country.
Sports Leaders is a recognised UK qualification that gives students the opportunity to develop leadership skills through sport. Sports Leaders will help lead and support both our enrichment activities and college teams during their time at the College – quite simply, Sports Leaders make sports happen! This fun and practical course will help you become more active, more confident and, ultimately, more employable.
At KGV we run a Sports Scholarship programme open to students who have demonstrated a strong academic ability throughout GCSE PE or Science and have competed in their chosen sport at a regional level.
Entry is by application only and selected students will receive the following benefits whilst studying at KGV:
- Personalised KGV Sports College kit (tracksuit/t-shirt/bag)
- Timetabled sports specific strength and conditioning programme
- Enhanced fitness assessment at one of the UKs top universities
- Opportunities to complete NGB qualifications in coaching
- G & T high grades academic workshops (additional tutor support)
- KGV sporting stars profile
- Fast-tracked entry to Association of Colleges (AoC) regional and national representative sides